This is to cooperate on various initiatives including Smart Cities, cyber security, Internet of Things, digitization of monuments and education. The company will set up a Center of Excellence at the T-Hub for startups and existing companies to bring ideas and use Cisco’s facilities and technology to create a product.
Climate-related projects worth more than Rs 100 crores which were submitted by five states were approved by the Union Environment Ministry. The Ministry which held its 9th meeting of National Steering Committee on Climate Change (NSCCC) gave its nod to Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) submitted by Telangana, Mizoram, Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh for funding under the National Adaptation Fund on Climate Change (NAFCC).
India will add 2,000 MW of solar power capacity between January and March equal to the capacity added during the entire 2015. The major projects expected to be completed in these three months are in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh. These projections by solar consultancy Bridge to India indicate that the country will comfortably surpass its target of 2,000 MW of solar projects for 2015-16. Already around 1,100 MW have been added in the nine months to December 2015.
It also plans to make a policy regarding the issue. Telugu film industry representatives claim to have been suffering huge financial losses, to the tune of Rs 350 crore in the last 9 months, due to online piracy. About 1.5 weeks ago, IT Minister KT Rama Rao met with police officials, ISPs and Telugu film industry representatives and asked ISPs to block websites streaming movies, also stating to send IT officials to other states to study their anti-piracy policies.
Celkon has opened its first manufacturing unit in the country in Telangana. The Telengana unit has the capacity to manufacture 2L phones/month, and that this will be increased to 5L phones/month in the next quarter. The plant also has warehouses for raw materials and finished products.About 60% of the phones manufactured at this plant will be feature phones and the remaining 40% will be smartphones. The Indian govt has been encouraging companies for a Made in India products, and it seems to be working.